In most cases, all what you need to do is to restart your phone to solve any performance problems in it. If not, then consider these following options:
Check Android settings in your phone
- Mobile data is activated (Shut down WiFi, if it is turned on)
- Dual-SIM phones: in the default setting, it is often only one of the SIMs cards that enables data connection (check which Sim card is in use when the problem was detected.
- Security setting is not blocking Tracker’s online connection.
- If your phone is set to power saving mode, that may interfere with the application’s Internet connection.
- Make sure Tracker App has full network access: Phone Apps> Tracker> Permissions> Full network access is allowed?
- If necessary, check with your own mobile operator whether all access services are available and whether the operating area mobile network is ok.
Check Tracker App settings:
- When you open Tracker App > three points (right side at the bottom of your screen)> “Setting” > “Tracker Live”
- Enable the option, if it is disabled
- If it is already enabled, try to disable the box and put it back again
- Then exit your application and restart it.
Power saving mode consequences on your phone:
Many phones have power saving features or can be set to power save mode. Enabling this mode, your phone will disconnect the server from the running programs or even stop their operations. Sometimes recovery from such a state is unsuccessful or may take some time.
Restarting Tracker program will usually correct the situation.
The following instructions are exemplary because the phone’s features may vary by phone models or OS, that is, the feature may be found under another menu, or named differently.
So, to keep the connection permanently in your program, proceed as follows:
- Power Saving mode: disable Tracker program power save mode if enabled. This can be found under “Battery Settings” menu, or “Battery Optimization”.
- Mobile Data limit: Turn off data limit for Tracker App if selected. this can be found under your phone setting > mobile data limit > select Tracker> disable any restriction on background data usage.
Phone capacity to establish and maintain a data connection:
Phones models and operating networks can be different. It may well be that the phone works well with 4G but, for example, when moving outside the 3G or 2G modes, the same phone no longer works that well. In addition, the antenna of the phone and its ability to function when the networks change are different. Some other phone works just fine. There is no universal advice as to where the phone is performing better than others.
You can try to set your phone settings to only 3G mode, or 2G or just 4G.
Another important feature that you should learn to use is the so-called ” “Refresh” button – mainly to update your current position of last 20 minutes. It is at the bottom of the screen, in the middle of the screen.